Monica Forsman, LCMHC; with one of her specialties marital therapy, shares the following:
Here are some tips from Sue Johnson that I recommend for couples to implement in their relationship when disagreements arise... to help lessen their stress when communicating as a couple, giving opportunities to connect together a little better:
Dr. Sue Johnson, some thoughts to ponder from her book:
Hold me Tight
· Every angry argument, regardless of content, boils down to the fear of not being loved.
· Before seeking to give counsel, first seek to understand.
· Assumptions and Expectations are deadly to relationships.
· Communication and Connection are not always the same thing.
· We never out grow the need to be seen, understood, and received.
· The negative cycle in marital communication is the enemy, not each other.
You can reach Monica Forsman, at 801.604.5040. Her office is located at Resilient Solutions, Inc, 1355 N. Main, Ste, 3, Bountiful, Utah.