Friday, May 18, 2012

Boundaries

Boundaries: Boundaries are an important part of healthy relationships and healthy living. In the book “Boundaries: When to Say Yes When to Say No to take control of your life” Dr Cloud and Dr Townsend define boundaries as “what is me and what is not me. A boundary shows me where I end and someone else begins, leading me to a sense of ownership.” When a person has an understanding of their personal boundaries then they know what they are responsible for and what they need from the people around them. Personal boundaries are individual to each person. My boundaries may be different from your boundaries. I can’t look to other people to determine what my boundaries should be; I can only find those answers within myself. If you have any questions or would like to make an appointment, you can contact Lisa Bradford at 801-660-8441.

No comments:

Post a Comment