Thursday, September 27, 2012

A Mother Shares

Our mom's group (for mom's who have had a child die) meet Mondays - 11-12:30. The following was shared today by one of the moms: BJ's flowers teach lessons on loss, grief, healing and love | ksl.com When a friend took the flowers off the table decorations after a funeral and planted them in her yard, she began a lovely tradition of bringing a bouquet of those pretty yellow flowers each year to the family who lost their 16-year-old son to cancer. For more information on our mom's group, call Becky Andrews, LPC, FT at 801.259.3883.

1 comment:

  1. I am the mother who wrote the article about BJ's Flowers that was referenced in this post. I happened to be looking up the link for a friend and was surprised to see how far it has traveled. Since I'm posting this a few years later, I don't know if anyone will see it, but I just wanted to say "hello" and I'm glad if my article was able to help any other mothers who have had to deal with the loss of a child. And if you read the article (dated in 2011), those flowers still bloom and Kathy still brings me a bouquet of them every Nov. 8; last years were so beautiful. Thank-you for sharing my article.

    ReplyDelete